Keeping your vehicle in good condition requires regular maintenance. Routine maintenance can not only extend the life of your car but also help you avoid costly repairs down the road. Here is a list of some routine maintenance tasks that you should perform on your car:
- Oil Change: One of the most important routine maintenance tasks for your vehicle is an oil change. The oil in your car’s engine is responsible for lubricating the moving parts and keeping the engine cool. You should change your oil every 5,000-6,000 miles.
- Tire Rotation: Rotating your tires helps to even out wear and tear on the tires, which can extend their life. You should rotate your tires every 5,000-7,000 miles.
- Brake Inspection: Your brakes are an essential part of your car’s safety system. You should have your brakes inspected every 12,000 miles or at least once a year.
- Air Filter Replacement: A dirty air filter can affect your car’s performance and fuel efficiency. You should replace your air filter every 12,000 miles.
- Fluid Checks: Your car has several fluids that need to be checked and topped off regularly, including coolant, power steering fluid, brake fluid, and transmission fluid.
- Battery Maintenance: Your car’s battery is responsible for starting the engine and powering the electrical systems. You should have your battery checked every six months to ensure it’s in good condition.
- Belt and Hose Inspection: Belts and hoses can wear out over time and can cause significant damage to your car’s engine if they fail. You should have them inspected every 60,000 miles.
- Suspension and Steering Inspection: Your car’s suspension and steering system affect the ride quality and handling of your vehicle. You should have them inspected every 50,000 miles.
- Spark Plug Replacement: Spark plugs are responsible for igniting the fuel in your car’s engine. You should replace them every 60,000 to 100,000 miles on newer vehicles.
- Headlight and Taillight Replacement: It’s important to replace burnt-out headlights and taillights to ensure that you can see and be seen while driving.
By performing these routine maintenance tasks, you can keep your vehicle in good condition and avoid costly repairs. Remember to follow your car’s maintenance schedule and consult with a professional mechanic if you have any concerns about your car’s performance or maintenance needs.
Keep your vehicle running smoothly – trust our expert auto repair services today at Oster Tire.